quinta-feira, 25 de novembro de 2021

Bruna Jones Interview Jo O'Meara


Hello, hello... Are you all right, dear readers? So today is the day to check out another new interview here on the blog, how cool is that? And our interviewee today is international, which makes it all the more fun! I invited the dearest singer Jo O'Meara, who was and continues to be part of it throughout my life, to talk a little about the beginning of her career, the time of "S Club 7" and also talk a little about what she is doing nowadays, it was a really cool conversation that you check out now!

Bruna Jones: You have a very broad artistic career, which goes from acting, music... To the other side, as a songwriter. But before we talk about it any further, let's go back a little bit. How did you end up being inserted in this artistic universe and what motivated you to pursue a career in this area? 
Jo O'Meara: I came into the music world by accident, really. I sang a song called "the locomotion" on a karaoke when I was younger and I sang it well! From then on it was always music! But my all time hero who I looked up too was Karen Carpenter, I loved everything about her voice and tone! She made me want to keep singing, so that’s what I did

Bruna Jones: Artists in general are usually quite perfectionists in relation to everything they do, especially in this era when everything is almost instantly on the internet. Do you tend to be more critical of your work or do you try to keep a distance? 
Jo O'Meara: I am the most critical of my own work! In a studio or on stage live I am always trying to be the best I can! And if I got a dud note or something isn’t sounding perfect to me I will keep going until I get it right! Maybe that’s a good thing?? Well I hope it is... lol 


Bruna Jones: You managed to achieve world fame at a very young age when you joined the group "S Club 7", as it was for you to be so young and suddenly see yourself as a public person, with many fans around the world, having to be in television shows and in a way, having your privacy exposed to the world? 
Jo O'Meara: Being thrown into the public eye so suddenly was definitely a bit of a shock, as I don’t think any of us were expecting it as quick as it came. But to be filming tv shows and making albums was amazing and also getting to travel the world was pretty incredible too! So on the whole I was very lucky. 🍀

Bruna Jones: With "S Club 7" you had the opportunity to sing and also interpret a fictional version of yourself in some series and movies like "Seeing Double". How was it for you to combine these two artistic sides of you? 
Jo O'Meara: I think the tv and the music were two different things, on the tv show they were enhanced and more character based as with the music that was just us being ourselves! It was fun to play a tougher me in the tv shows lol 😝 always fixing cars, etc... Which is something I definitely can’t do in real life!!

Bruna Jones: Looking back today, what was the biggest and best lesson you learned from this experience with the "S Club 7"?
Jo O'Meara: I learned that to achieve anything in life, you have to work hard!! Also to enjoy the little moments that come along.


Bruna Jones: Speaking of "S Club 7" you will be releasing this week a new version of "Never Had a Dream", a song that touches the hearts of so many people around the world. Can you tell us a little bit about this new release? 
Jo O'Meara: I’m so excited to be re releasing "Never Had a Dream" after all these years! In fact it’s 21 years old now, which is crazy!! I’ve done this version much more stripped back and acoustic which has given it a slightly different more mature vibe... I’m very happy with how it came out!

Bruna Jones: You recently released your new album "With Love", can you share with us a little bit of the creative process you had in this project? 
Jo O'Meara: Doing the album was amazing. Just being able to get back in the studio and record again is something I wanted for so long! So to be back doing it is a dream come true for me! Also getting more hands on with the writing was incredible! I’m very proud of it. 

Bruna Jones: As I said earlier, you are in a career that usually inspires people around you, either directly or indirectly... But in your personal or professional life, what usually inspires you? 
Jo O'Meara: I’m inspired by people who are passionate about there dreams! I’m inspired by music in general and I’m also inspired by the strong people I have in my life!! 


Bruna Jones: The year is already coming to an end and both in Brazil and in the world we are managing to slowly resume our life after the period of social isolation. Still, are there any news coming out there? Something you can share with us? 
Jo O'Meara: Yes we are finally getting very slowly back to some form of the new normal!! I’m just so glad to be back on stage! And next year I will be doing lots of shows all over! New music and another album. 💿

Bruna Jones: Before ending this interview, I couldn't help asking, have you ever been to Brazil? Would you like to come visit us when possible?
Jo O'Meara: I would absolutely love to come to Brazil!!! A live show over there would be amazing!! Fingers crossed 🤞 

Cool our conversation, isn't it? And she even left a message before going, look: "To all the fans in Brazil!! Thankyou so much for all the support over the years! It really does mean the world to me! Hopefully I will come over very soon and sing for you guys! Your the best. 🥰" and if you want to keep following her on social media, just search for @joomeara on Twitter, @jo_omeara on Instagram or click HERE to check out her page on YouTube.


And I? Soon I'll be back with a new interview. Any news I come back, remembering that anyone who wants to contact me, can add on facebook, searching for "Bruna Jones" and now in the official page of the blog, you find exclusive content: click here! You can also search and follow on Twitter and Instagram at @odiariodebrunaj right?

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário