quarta-feira, 16 de fevereiro de 2022

Bruna Jones Interview Erick Macek


Hello, hello... How are you, dear readers? So today is the day to check out another unprecedented interview here on the blog, look how cool? And today's guest is international, which makes everything even more fun... We invited musician Erick Macek to know a little more about his career experiences and also to talk a little about his participation in the American "The Voice". Come check out a little more about all this!

Bruna Jones: You are a singer and songwriter, but before we talk more about it, let's go back to the beginning of everything? How did you become interested in music and realize that you would like to make a career in the field?
Erick Macek: My family influenced me musically very early on. Believe it or not, I learned to play accordion at around the age of 3. My family immigrated from Slovakia, so music and culture was always an integral part of my life. However, not until college did I pick up the guitar and start writing my own music and when I was 25yrs old, I won overall singer at a global competition and that’s when I packed my bags and moved to California to pursue my music career. 

Bruna Jones: Career start is usually a little more complicated, especially for those looking for an artistic career, whether due to lack of opportunities or even financial instability... How was the beginning of your journey so far?
Erick Macek: My journey has been filled with similar hardships like financial instability. My parents immigrated with $50 in their pocket and in general, we grew up very poor. We made the most of what we had and I’ve learned to never take things for granted. Growing up without a lot of money built a survivalist mentality and a drive in me that always wants to succeed. We all are capable of being successful with some discipline and an open mind to learn. My journey continues and I continue to learn. Changing your perspective to embrace each opportunity is a key difference between being stressed and hopeless, to being grateful and hopeful. 


Bruna Jones: Every artist is usually a little strict and perfectionist in relation to their work, do you usually demand more from yourself when you are composing or organizing an artistic project? If yes, how do you deal with it?
Erick Macek: Yes. I am extremely hard on myself. One way I have learned to deal with it is to let go and trust the process. I have missed many opportunities because I tried to make things too perfect instead of simply creating and using that opportunity to learn. The reality is that nothing is perfect. We should learn to fail, but fail forward. What I mean by that is to learn from the process, not get too attached to feedback or criticism and always make sure you create and evolve your craft because you enjoy it. Never forget why you started. 

Bruna Jones: The life of a musician and composer is made of talent as well as creativity and inspiration, what usually inspires you when composing?
Erick Macek: Life and the constant evolution of life. We all have strong connections in our stories. We yearn to be heard and share our experiences with each other. As I mentioned earlier, music and culture have always been an integral part of my life. People, places, experiences and possibility are all things that influence and inspire me. Storytelling and being able to relate to one another is a powerful connection that is a key ingredient in creativity. 

Bruna Jones: Ten years ago you tried to participate in "The Voice". What motivated you to enroll in the program?
Erick Macek: Honestly, my friends urged me to try out. At the time, The Voice was in its first season and I wasn’t under contract, I didn’t have a manager, so I decided to give it a shot. 


Bruna Jones: Although you didn't advance in the competition, was it a good experience for you?
Erick Macek: It was a very good experience for me. I met a lot of talented people in front of and behind the camera. It gave me a better understanding of production on a larger scale. It helped me understand my strengths and weaknesses both musically and as a person. I gained confidence knowing that I was 1 out of 100,000 that even made it as far as I did. And I was grateful to share my parents story on national television.  

Bruna Jones: Speaking of platforms... To publicize their work, singers depend on communication vehicles (TV, radio, newspapers, internet...). To what extent do you believe these vehicles influence the singer's work?
Erick Macek: I believe it depends on the individual. I also believe that the popularity of all the social platforms influences a singer’s work tremendously. We are now at a level of convenience and instant gratification where these communication vehicles want our attention. And what we watch, like and share, influences what we see, read and hear. They evoke emotions that is always a driver for an artists’ work. 

Bruna Jones: You were named “Best Male Vocalist of the Year at the Los Angeles Music Awards”. How was that moment for you?
Erick Macek: That was a very surreal moment for me. This honor happened early in my music career, where I’d only been in California for a few years. It’s something that I cherish, and it served as personal reminder that I was where I was supposed to be. Singing, writing and performing. 


Bruna Jones: Fortunately, even if little by little, we are managing to resume our social and professional life, right? And with that, projects can be put into practice and new things emerge... Is there anything new coming? Something you can share with us?
Erick Macek: I am always creating, whether it’s music, art, video or other forms of creative expression. I used to write and record singles and albums with digital distribution and then support the new releases with tours and performances. With the pandemic and the music industry ever evolving, I am still creating, but with a larger focus on content. I am trying to break my perfectionist ways and get back to where and why I started. I want to create because I love it and I want to share that expression with others. I recently wrote a new song with my wife, Laura and am looking to create new content that I can share throughout my social channels. It will be an imperfectly perfect blend of new material that I’m trying out.

Bruna Jones: I could not end this interview without asking: Have you been to Brazil? Would you like to come visit us when everything is back to normal?
Erick Macek: I have not visited Brazil and would absolutely LOVE to visit, perform and experience the music and culture of your beautiful country. 

Cool our conversation, isn't it? And she even left a message before going, look: "Live your life to your fullest potential. Be present and embrace each moment and keep learning. Nothing comes easy, but if you’re passionate about something, it’s worth the time you put into it. Above all, love each other, be kind to each other. Thank you to all who support my work." and if you want to keep following him on social media, just search for Instagram or Twitter @erickmacek, Facebook HERE, YouTube HERE, Spotify HERE and Website HERE.


And I? Soon I'll be back with a new interview. Any news I come back, remembering that anyone who wants to contact me, can add on facebook, searching for "Bruna Jones" and now in the official page of the blog, you find exclusive content: click here! You can also search and follow on Twitter and Instagram at @odiariodebrunaj right?

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário